Thursday, February 22, 2007

Welcome, Sullivan Anna!

This is a little giftee to welcome Sullivan Anna to the world. The hat and booties are knit with Knit Picks Main Line. I used two balls of Ivory and trace amounts of Antique Rose and Dusty Lavender.

The booties were inspired by the Beaded Fair Isle Shoes in Debbie Bliss' "The Baby Knits Book". Basically, I translated the pattern for use with worsted weight yarn and added purl contrast rows , omitting the Fair Isle details. Also, modified the ankle strap construction to minimize finishing. They bear only a passing resemblance to Debbie's shoes. Like Dicky Dunn, "I was just trying to capture the spirit of the thing."

The beanie pattern is from "Nature Babies" (with an added I cord topper). Straight forward, quick knit.

My verdict: knitting for babies is fun!

No comments: